Write for GetMotivation
Submit an article or write a guest post for us
We strive to publish the highest quality content related to personal development, self improvement, and professional development. We actively seek out writers, authors, guest bloggers, and experts across a range of topics -- within the broader areas of self improvement, personal development, and business success. A bit of history, this website was originally founded in 1996, under another URL, but shortly after starting it was rebranded under GetMotivation.com. In short, your guest post will be included on one of the original personal development communities online.
We prefer to share original content which has not been published elsewhere. In some instances we will consider certain contributions that have appeared other places before, however if you contribute an article do include a brief note with your article letting us know if it has appeared anywhere before, or if it has not. We want to emphasize that we do prefer articles and content which will be exclusive to our website.
Steps for submitting articles / guest posts for review:
1. email jhinds (@) getmotivation.com with the subject line "article for review on getmotivation" or "guest post for review on getmotivation".
2. include your article as regular text inside the email. If you send as an attachment, send regular .txt
3. We prefer original articles, which have not appeared anywhere else before (i.e. we want to be the first to share it with our community). Be sure to let us know if your post has appeared anywhere before, or not.
4. Include an author bio about yourself. Your bio should be 25 to 35 words, including a web address. If possible, also include a headshot graphic (make sure it includes your whole head).
5. Make sure your article is of the highest quality. We strive to give our audience the best in personal and professional development advice -- to meet this lofty goal we rely on you to contribute your absolute best content for us to share with our readers. We reserve the right to edit content if necessary before publishing it.
6. If you cite official sources such as studies, etc. in your article include a link to it where relevant. Please do not overdo linking to keywords in your post for the purpose of promotion. We want to create the best possible experience for our readers. You have the opportunity in the author bio / byline section that appears at the end of your article to share your web site and any other applicable web address. Thank you.
We are looking for articles on the broader topics of Self-Improvement, Motivation, Personal Development, and Business Success. Additionally, we are open to, but not limited to accepting posts on the following topics:
* Goal Setting
* Time Management
* Productivity tips and tools
* Life Hacking tips and advice
* Professional Development
* Work Life Balance
* Career Advancement Tips and Advice
The ideas above are meant as examples. If you have an idea for a guest post not mentioned, you are welcome to drop a message to jhinds (AT) getmotivation.com to see if it would be a fit or not.
* If you have any further questions drop an email to:
jhinds (@) getmotivation.com