After having studied top achievers and peak performers over the past 35 years, I’ve concluded that these unique men and women have, in most cases, mastered what I call the Seven C’s of Success.
1. Clarity – Eighty percent of success comes from being clear on who you are, what you believe in and what you don’t.
2. Competence – You can’t climb to the next rung on the ladder until you are excellent at what you do now.
3. Constraints – Eighty percent of all obstacles to success come from within. Find out what is constraining you or your company and deal with it.
4. Concentration – The ability to focus on one thing single-mindedly and see it through until it’s done takes more character than anything else.
5. Creativity – Flood your life with ideas from many sources. Creativity needs to be exercised like a muscle, if you don’t use it you’ll lose it.
6. Courage – Most in demand and least in supply, courage is the willingness to do the things you know are right.
7. Continuous learning – Read, at the very least, one book a week on business to keep you miles ahead of the competition. And just as you eat and bathe, organize your time so you spend 30 minutes a day exploring e-mail, sending messages, going through websites, because like exercise, it’s the only way you can keep on top of technology. If you get away from it, you’ll lose your edge.
Brian Tracy is one of the world’s leading authorities on personal and business success. His fast-moving talks and seminars are loaded with powerful, proven ideas and strategies that you can apply immediately to get better results in every area. Be sure to visit the Brian Tracy web site.
Get the motivational & inspiring book, It’s Your Life, LIVE BIG! by Josh Hinds — you’ll learn strategies for living BIG and achieving your goals and dreams!