Do you know that you have the power to change your habits, your life, and your destiny? It starts with the positive choice to get off your attitude and learn how to adopt a winning attitude.
If you are unfamiliar with what Get off Your Attitude means, then here is the definition. It means:
• To think positive and take action;
• To talk, believe, act, and think in a positive manner;
• To create a positive mindset during a negative situation or environment;
• To help someone to create a positive mindset to overcome fear, adversity, oppression, or challenges that person may face in life.
People always ask me, Ryan where do I start? You start by taking responsibility for your own life. Get serious. It’s up to you. If you want to change your life, change your attitude. Don’t blame your parents, your past, or anything else. Point the finger at yourself. This is your life, right now. What are you going to do about it? It’s as simple as this: You have two options. You can sit around complaining or you can get off your attitude and make it happen!
Let me share with you the following habits you need to develop in order to adopt a winning attitude and make it happen in life:
1. Think, talk, and act positive. Start with the choice to be positive in every area of your life. Develop the habit of thinking, talking, and acting with optimism in every situation. Regardless of what happens in life, you have the power to choose your response. Your response will reflect your attitude, and your attitude will determine your future.
2. Engage in positive relationships. Your mind is a magnet, subconsciously picking up everything around it. You can’t soar with the eagles during the day if you’re bumming around with the owls at night. Find others who will encourage you and lift you higher. Surround yourself with great people, and it won’t be long until you’re an eagle also!
3. Passionately pursue your purpose. Whatever your dream is, go after it! Everyone has a dream. Maybe yours has been buried so long you’ve forgotten about it—but it’s never too late to start! The only question about reaching your dreams is this: How badly do you want it?
4. Live in the now. Fully engage the present. This moment—right now—is all the time you have. Spend your time on what matters most and where it will improve your life. Respect what time you have left and make the most of it!
5. Forgive and forget. Don’t let your past define your future. Come to peace with whatever you’ve done to yourself or what others have done to you. Accept the fact that you can’t change it. Trying to relive yesterday only robs you of enjoying your life today and the shaping of your tomorrow. You have your whole life ahead of you. Do something great with it.
6. Smile! Welcome adversity as an opportunity to grow. If you’ll smile, figuratively and literally, you’ll overcome the challenges of daily life and use them as stepping stones to your success. Look adversity in the face—and SMILE!
7. Be courageous. No one can see the future. You can’t wait until you know everything will turn out all right before you act. Be confident in your spiritual faith, in yourself, and in others—especially when you don’t have a reason for that confidence. Stay aligned with your calling. Keep the faith!
8. Take care of yourself. Your physical health and mental health go hand in hand. It’s hard to have one without the other. Exercise, eat right, sleep right, and adopt a positive attitude about your body. The more you take care of your body, the more it will take care of you!
9. Do good. Money is like time—what you do with it is the important thing. Get your attitude toward money straight. It’s nothing to be greedy over or ashamed of. Learn to attract money, and then use it to do good for yourself and others.
10. Be grateful. Say “thank you.” Appreciate those who have invested in your life, who do big and little things for you, and who have influenced you for the better. Adopt an attitude of gratitude. Be thankful for everyone and everything in your life.
11. Give back. Find ways to help others, making this a better world. Take the spotlight off of yourself and shine it on others. You have the time, talents, and resources to do something amazing. Be a miracle.
12. Make it happen! Take responsibility to change your life for the better. Commit, sacrifice, and discipline yourself to making a positive change in your life. Invest in yourself through personal and formal education. It’s your decision. It’s your destiny!
As you focus on what you’re achieving, don’t neglect how you’re achieving it. Be a person of character. Be honest. Be trustworthy. Have a reputation of the absolute highest integrity. Do things for the all the right reasons and not the wrong ones. Keep a humble spirit and always to be grateful.
“Remember that it is up to you to choose everyday to Get off Your Attitude and to create a positive lifestyle for yourself and others”
Ryan C. Lowe is a Speaker, Coach and Author. Ryan is the founder of Get off Your Attitude seminars and merchandise. He works with various organizations to help inspire change and achieve success through a positive mental attitude. For more information on Ryan’s services, merchandise or his new book you can visit www.GetOffYourAttitude.com
-what ideas from the above article will you put into place in your day to day life? The habits you make have the power to serve you greatly!