Why Set Goals At All?
By Chip Lowell

Many of you may have heard about this before. If so, forgive me, but it still gets me excited!

Back in the 1950's, a study was done with a group of recent Yale graduates. Each was asked whether or not they had goals for their futures -- and specifically if they had written them down. Only 3% of these grads had specific, written goals. Well, guess what?

Years later, when a follow-up was done, the researchers found that the 3% that had written their goals down not only achieved much of what they originally wanted, but their net worth was as much as the other 97% of their class combined!

Write down your goals. If you want an easy way to do this and track them, sign up for MyMotivator.com's free goal setting system. Or just use a notebook specifically used for your goals.

So, why set goals? It keeps you focused. When a fork in the road appears before you, you are helped in your choice of direction because you'll ask yourself, "Which way best helps me achieve my goals?" The daily, weekly and monthly tasks you must do to achieve sometimes can be stressful.

If you're using our goal setting system, you probably receive many action items per day in your email. If you are, then you are most likely taking action -- but it can get stessful! Make sure the goals you set are what you really want. That helps take the stress out of taking action.

Have a great day!
Chip Lowell


By Chip Lowell, creator of MyMotivator helps you achieve your goals with powerful and easy web based Goal Setting software.

Motivational Newsletter ...

If you enjoyed the article above -- Don't miss out on our newsletter. Each issue includes the same high quality advice from leaders in the area of motivation and personal development -- like the article you just read... Sign up now:

Goal Setting And Motivation

Motivational Books